"The South is the only place in the world where nothing has to be explained to me." ----Woodrow Wilson

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Powder Day

I went skiing today with D, a friend that John Jost introduced me to. D and I went to Keystone and it was looking like it was going to be a yucky day on the way to the mountain. When we got there it was a nice powder day. Although, it did snow all day long and it was pretty cold outside. We had about 4 to 6 inches of fresh snow on most of the mountain with parts going almost up to my knees. The moguls were in perfect shape with over 4 inches of fresh powder on them. We got to make first tracks down 2 or 3 runs. It is a different feeling skiing through powder that no one else has skied through yet. It's kind of like floating. I liked the feeling of the snow that would get blown airborne by my legs as I went through the snow. This was my first true "talcum powder" untracked powder day that I've ever had and I have to say that it was really addictive. The snow today would just blow all over the place the second you disturbed it.

So, I gotta ask, who's jealous? :)

Because of the weather, I didn't take too many pictures though. But I did get a few good ones. Maybe D will send me some of the ones that he took.
















I can't see my skis, can you?































Moguls with powder are awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home